Wednesday, July 9, 2008

"Today is the day . . we celebrate our Independence Day!"

Can anyone guess the movie?? It's not a huge brain buster.



Anyway, we had a fabulous 4th of July. ti's by far my favorite holiday! I wish we could have made it to a parade, but hopefully next year. We did start the day out with a great ward breakfast eating, face painting, parading, and candy chasing fun. Ashley's been obsessed with flags this week (I think they learned about them at the daycare), so she got a cute flag painted on her cheek, and Gracie got and red, white, and blue star.


For lunch we partied at my Grandma and Grandpa Hansen's house. It was Grandpa Hansen's birthday so we always get together on the 4th and celebrate. This is my cousin Cherilyn's daughter, Lucy. Her and Gracie are only a few months apart. I can't believe we even got one good picture of them! They're little rascals! But cute.

Happy birthday, Grandpa!


Cherilyn and me


Don't they all look so happy . . . ?

After Grandma's we went on a drive through AF Canyon. It was really pretty and we loved being in the mountain air for a little bit. We went to the top of the mountain (driving) and stopped at Tibblefork and played in the water for a little bit.

Next came the fireworks. We decided to beat the traffic and stay home and put on a show ourselves. We had a lot of fun with the fireworks and sparklers. They were a little too loud for Ashley, though. But Gracie couldn't get enough! It was all I could do to keep her from touching the lit part of the Sparkler! Thanks Matt for putting on the show for us and the neighbors!


I had fun celebrating our freedom with my family today. I thought a lot about how many people have fought for our freedom and I'm very grateful to them and their families. I know there are a lot of families in the US that weren't able to spend this day together because of the current war. But, I believe all people should have the freedoms we enjoy and I'm proud of our troops who are fighting for the freedom of a people that couldn't fight for it alone. God bless them and their families for their sacrifices.

Happy Fourth of July!

4 comments:

Brandon and Lindsay said...

Cute! I love the girls 4th of July outfits. I wish I could have come to Grandma's...and seen Matt's awesome firework show! Next year. =)

Andrea Ingersoll said...

Chel those are such cute pictures. The first one with Gracie and Ashley is adorable. Gracies smile in it is HUGE I love it!

mary said...

I can't believe how old Gracie looks in her pictures!! your girls are so beautiful!! I'm sad we missed the firework show! It looks like you packed tons of fun into the day!

Unknown said...

shell you look so sexy all tan! And I love the glasses!