Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Best-e-Grandma



Well it's an end of an era . . . or at least a century! My sweet great grandma, Ingrid Marie Wedding Olsen, died last week at a ripe old age of 103. She broke her hip, had to get surgery over a week ago, and died after developing congestive heart failure in recovery.

She is an amazing person! I always looked forward to visiting her. She is the spunkiest little lady I've ever met! Even the last time I saw her, laying in a hospital bed with tubes and IVs everywhere, she was consistently making us laugh! Ashley's middle name is Marie, after Best-e-Grandma, and Ashley will have a great lady to look up to as a life example.


She came to America from Norway with her sister when she was 12. I think she married my great grandpa, Ingvald or "Ingo," several years later. He was from Norway too! They lived happily together for many many years, until Ingo died about 21 years ago. Best-e-Grandma has been living along ever since.






I was lucky to have the opportunity to take a little weekend trip with my grandma to arizona when I was 16. My Dad, Grandma, and I went to see my cousin Anne after she got home from her mission. Everytime I've seen her since that day, even last week, she would talk about our trip to Arizona and how much fun we had! That's something I'll never forget.


I know she's so happy to finally go home! I've been trying to picture how happy she is being reunited with her long lost husband in heaven. She touched all of our lives so much and we'll never forget her!


3 comments:

cherilyn said...

what a sweet write-up.

Bale Family said...

Wow! 103! That's amazing! She sounds like an amazing women and I know your following in her foot steps! I'm sorry about your lose though. It's never an easy thing to deal with the death of a loved one!

Andrea Ingersoll said...

cute post! i forgot you went to arizona with her - that's a great memory. sweet ole bestegrandma. she was so awesome. oh ps something intereting....great grandma is bestemama in norwiegan, but we called her bestegrandma so its half engish and half norweigan (sp?). I wish I would have known that causwe I like bestemama - interesting.